Active Registered Voters
as of 04/20/2014

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who are my Representatives?

A.  Looking on your Voter ID card, locate your precinct number and refer to our Clay County Election Maps.
Back to top

Q.  How do I vote if I am away at college or enter the armed forces?

A.  You may request that a mail (absentee) ballot be sent to you wherever you are.  You can request a mail ballot by phone, email, fax, in writing or on the Supervisor of Elections' website. If you chose to register in the county or state where you are located, your registration in Clay County will be canceled.
Back to top

Q.  How do I decide party affiliation or whom to vote for?

A.  This must be a personal choice. Contact the different parties and candidates for information regarding their platforms; talk to friends and family members. The best thing to do is study issues, attend rallies and forums, read about candidates and make your decision according to how you believe.
Back to top

Q.  Why do we register to vote?

A.  Florida law requires a person to register in order to become a qualified voter.

Q.  Where do we register?

A.  You can register at the Supervisor of Elections office, or at many agencies which now do voter registration, such as:

  • On-Line
  • Driver's License Offices
  • Public Libraries
  • Public Assistance Agencies  
  • U.S. Post Office
  • Many Realty Offices 
  • Many Local Banks
  • Armed Forces Recruitment Offices
  • City Halls
  • Chamber of Commerce
  • Locations that issue Hunting / Fishing Licenses
  • Offices that serve persons with disabilities including centers for independent living

Q.  I live in two different states. Can I register here?

A.  Yes, but you may not be registered in two places at once. You must decide which state is your legal residence and register to vote in that state.
Back to top

Q.  I've been convicted of a felony but served my time. Can I register to vote?

A.  Yes, you can register to vote if your civil rights have been restored.
Back to top

Q.  How can I find out if my civil rights have been restored?

A.  To find out if your rights have been restored, you need to contact:

The Office of Executive Clemency
2601 Blairstone Road
Building C, Room 229
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2952
(850) 488-2952

Back to top

Q.  I am currently a registered voter in Clay County. How can I change my name, party affiliation, and/or address?

A.  You may change your name, party or address by completing the Florida Voter Registration Application. The application can be mailed or dropped off to the Supervisor of Elections office or given to any official voter registration agency. Additionally, you may change your name or party affiliation by notifying the election's office via a signed written notice containing your date of birth.  You may change your address, in-county or moving into the county, by phone, email, or a signed written notice, all must include your date of birth.

Back to top

Q.  Can I get a list of registered voters?

A.  Yes however the signature, social security number, driver's license number, and Florida identification number of a voter registration applicant or voter is exempt and will not be disclosed.  F.S. 97.0585
Back to top

Clay County Supervisor of Elections
Phone (904) 269-6350 * Fax (904) 284-0935
P.O. Box 337 * 500 N. Orange Ave. See Map
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
General Email: mail@clayelections.com

Under Florida law, F.S. 668.6076, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.